Cory performed tonight with his school (White Pine Charter School) and they did a Patriotic program. Cory's class sang "America The Beautiful" and Cory had every word memorized. The past 3 years i have done the choir at the school, but this year with Dave being gone, i just didn't have it in me. So now they have some great ladies who have integrated a music program during the school day and so I am thrilled that the kids are still getting music experience. I did still help in writing the narration and enjoyed still being involved. Anyway, the dang fire alarm went off before they could sing the finale song, "The Star Spangled Banner" so I was sad to not get to record that cuz how many 6 year olds do you know who can sing that song in pitch, word for word? He is definetly his father's child. Cory sang two Sundays ago a solo of A Child of God for Sacrament Meeting for the Primary program. I couldn't help the tears from falling. It was beautiful and he hit every note perfectly. We sure missed Daddy being there, he would be so PROUD! I will record Cory singing the song by himself one of these days...
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Cory's Patriotic Program
Posted by Denning Domain at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
You got the choir off the ground lady! You rock! We are missing our little school, choir and all. I almost drove down today, put them back in school and rented a day apartment for me and the kids to live in while the older girls are in school. Not real reasonable but neither is HOMESCHOOLING! Can't wait till FRI...
He looks so much like Dave sometimes its crazy! I wish my kids school was more involved like this.
LOL! I love how he is singing with his arms crossed.... so Cory! :)
I am glad you are fickle cuz I didn't know you went private and went to take a gander the other day and it wouldn't let me!!
Yay, now I can!
Oh please do record him singing... there is nothing sweeter than a little kid singing, esp. one that is on tune!
What a bummer on the fire bell!
Little Laina is so stinken cute! I bet Dave is loving these updates but hating seeing his little cute munchkins grow up so fast!
CUTE!
Post a Comment